Apex Design Build is a commercial design build firm, specializing in private healthcare practices. Following design build methodology, we manage projects from early visioning and conceptual design stages, all the way through the architectural and construction phases. We are in the process of
establishing local market leadership and then scaling regionally.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Project Designer to support our rapidly growing organization. The Project Designer will help direct projects through conceptual design, design development, and participate as required through the architectural and construction phases, striving to achieve the Clients’ objectives. Responsibilities will include programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documents, furniture specification, and verification of design intent during project
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate and lead in client consultations; establishing project goals and objectives including but not limited to programming questionnaire, design intent, schedule, and budget parameters.
- Positively work with team members and vendors offering creative input throughout project, including but not limited to construction documents, take offs, millwork drawings, punch list review, engineering documents, existing conditions surveys, and attend job site meetings as needed.
- Develop designs, including but not limited to test fits, space planning, schemaƟc design, a color palette, conceptual sketches, conceptual ceiling and lighting plans, elevations, initial furniture and lighting inspirations, furniture and accessory specifications, and 3D Revit views
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years design experience.
- Working knowledge of Revit and Adobe InDesign soŌware.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and a drive to excel.
- Strong work ethic with a self-discipline to follow processes.
- Proven success in a performance based culture.
- Ability to work in a fast paced collaborative team environment with flexibility to quickly adapt to change.