Apex Design Build is a fully integrated design, architecture and construction firm that specializes in creating state-of-the-art healthcare facilities nationwide. Following our design-build methodology, we manage projects from early visioning and conceptual design stages, all the way through the architectural and construction phases. We have a strong presence in the Chicago/Illinois market, but are looking to further expand our market share within specific verticals of healthcare, as well as expand our presence in neighboring states.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager who is as motivated as we are to continue our tremendous growth, creating new relationships with referring partners as well as end users. If you enjoy being part of an entrepreneurial organization that values performance and results over politics, and that is quick to reward high-achieving team members, then you will be a great fit here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build and manage network of “influencers” and other industry specific contacts.
• Identify key existing and potential new industry partners, and develop them in a manner which generates new business opportunities. Participate in industry networking events and business functions to fortify position of Apex and maintain/build positive top of mind awareness.
• Research, identify, and tenaciously generate weekly new opportunities.
• Develop a territory and revenue base using networking and leveraging past client relationships. Use LinkedIn and other online resources to find and target the right industry partners (network).
• Plan and coordinate all business development activities respective to industry focus.
• Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate Opportunity Pipeline within CRM software (Salesforce). Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities, performance against KPI’s, and other key indicators to the Director of Client Relations.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s team leaders.
• Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives, based on initial client conversations.
• Support other Business Development Team members as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• 5-8 years of experience in sales/business development arena.
• A friendly, flexible personality with outstanding relationship building skills.
• Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
• Self-motivated, with high energy and a drive to excel.
• Strong work ethic with a self-discipline to follow a proven sales process.
• Reliable transportation needed-some travel will be required (+/-2-hour radius from Rosemont).
• Flexibility and ability to attend networking events -early morning or evening (as needed).
Please email your resume to michelleL@apexdesignbuild.net or call 847-288-0100 and ask for Michelle.