Apex Design Build is a design build firm, specializing in private healthcare practices. Following design build methodology, we manage projects from early visioning and conceptual design stages, all the way through the architectural and construction phases. As a fully integrated firm, our successful Architecture group will work alongside the Apex Interior Design and Preconstruction teams.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Architectural Designer to support our rapidly growing organization. This role will work through complex projects in detailing and documenting intent as well as provide direct support to Apex’s Director of Architecture and Director of Design. You will be involved in many aspects of the project from the design development phase, permitting, construction documents, and bidding stages through to final project closeout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and maintain project drawing files and standards (Revit).
- Develop and complete construction & permit drawings.
- Develop progress drawings for client review, pricing, or internal technical review.
- Research available architectural and MEP products to fit with design intent.
- Assist with/lead permit drawing comment response.
- Assist with/lead construction document addenda based on subcontractor/Operations team direct input.
- Support Director of Architecture correspondence with consultants, subcontractors and vendors to gather data, communicate design requirements, and coordinate design, construction, and engineering documents.
- Attend internal handover meetings from Design to Architecture, and from Architecture to Operations team.
- Able to produce a full, coordinated set of CDs including Cover, Life Safety, Demolition, Architectural, FFE, Details, Schedules, and willing to learn basic MEP trades.
- Interface with Apex’s design team for clarification of design details and intent as needed.
- Ensure compliance with contractual requirements and scope of work.
- Coordinate and update selected project materials, products, and fixtures.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Architecture firm or related office required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project, & Outlook).
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit or strong desire to learn required.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and a drive to excel.
- Strong work ethic and proven success in a performance based culture.
- Ability to work in a fast paced collaborative team environment with flexibility to quickly adapt to change.
Please email your resume to michelleL@apexdesignbuild.net or call 847-288-0100 and ask for Michelle.