Apex Design Build is a commercial design and construction firm, specializing in private healthcare practices. Following design build methodology, we manage projects from early visioning and conceptual design stages, all the way through the architectural and construction phases. We are in the process of establishing local market leadership and then scaling regionally.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Associate who is as motivated as we are to continue our tremendous growth, open up new doors, and ultimately provide outstanding value to our clients. If you enjoy being part of an entrepreneurial organization that values performance and results over tenure and politics, and that is quick to reward high-achieving team members, then you will be a great fit here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work alongside the Business Development Executive team, learning the process of generating business via network partners.
• Research potential prospects in marketplace.
• Direct outreach to end user(s) utilizing phone, email, LinkedIn, and other means of communication to create brand awareness and opportunities.
• Maintain past client relationships.
• Along with the Executive team, plan and coordinate all business development activities respective to industry focus.
• Track and update sales opportunities and client information within internal databases, including Salesforce.
• Work with Executive team to methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales funnel. Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities, performance against the sales plan, and other key indicators to the Apex Leadership Team.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders.
• Participate with Executive team to plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Attend relevant industry networking events and business functions to fortify position of Apex and maintain/build positive top-of-mind awareness.
• Support Business Development Executive team as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• 1-3 years of experience in sales/business development arena.
• A friendly, flexible personality with outstanding relationship-building skills.
• Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
• Self-motivated, with high energy and a drive to excel.
• Strong work ethic with self-discipline to follow a proven sales process.
• Reliable transportation needed-some travel will be required (+/-2-hour radius from Rosemont).
• Flexibility and ability to attend networking events -early morning or evening (as needed).
Please email your resume to michelleL@apexdesignbuild.net or call 847-288-0100 and ask for Michelle.