Apex Design Build is a commercial design build firm, specializing in private healthcare practices. Following design build methodology, we manage projects from early visioning and conceptual design stages, all the way through the architectural and construction phases. We are in the process of establishing local market leadership and then scaling regionally.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Project Designer to support our rapidly growing organization. The Project Designer will help direct projects through conceptual design, design development, and participate as required through the architectural and construction phases, striving to achieve the Clients’ objectives. Responsibilities will include programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documents, furniture specification, and verification of design intent during project execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate and lead in client consultations; establishing project goals and objectives including but not limited to programming questionnaire, design intent, schedule, and budget parameters.
- Positively work with team members and vendors oﬀering creative input throughout project, including but not limited to construction documents, take oﬀs, millwork drawings, punch list review, engineering documents, existing conditions surveys, and attend job site meetings as needed.
- Develop designs, including but not limited to test ﬁts, space planning, schematic design, a color palette, conceptual sketches, conceptual ceiling and lighting plans, elevations, initial furniture and lighting inspirations, furniture and accessory speciﬁcations, and 3D Revit views.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related ﬁeld.
- Minimum 3-5 years design experience.
- Working knowledge of Revit and Adobe InDesign software.
- Working knowledge of MS Oﬃce Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizaonal, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and a drive to excel.
- Strong work ethic with a self-discipline to follow processes.
- Proven success in a performance-based culture. Ability to work in a fast paced collaborave team environment with ﬂexibility to quickly adapt to change.
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org