Apex Design Build is a commercial design-build firm, specializing in private healthcare practices. Following the design-build methodology, we manage projects from early visioning and conceptual design stages, all the way through the architectural and construction phases. We are in the process of establishing local market leadership and then scaling regionally.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Assistant Preconstruction Manager to support our rapidly growing organization. The Assistant Preconstruction Manager will act as a liaison between Apex and its clients, subcontractors, vendors, and consultants, and provide direct support to Apex’s Director of Preconstruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a scope of work during the concept phase of design that reflects the Visioning Session notes, Space plan intent, and is sufficient for estimating and subcontractor purchasing selection.
- Collaborate with the design team to develop space plans that are responsive to and conform to program and budget requirements.
- Assist in managing budget throughout the design process by soliciting input from subcontractors and engineers and estimating the project to ensure the design is managed to the budget, overall profitability, and client satisfaction
- Coordinate with Project Coordinator initial site survey.
- Assist Director of Preconstruction with building budget cost reports, LOIs, and contracts in the APEX formats.
- Create an overarching project timeline including all phases of the project and maintain constant correspondence through the project to ensure completion dates are adhered to.
- Research and incorporate products and systems that accomplish the design intent.
- Support Director of Preconstruction with reviewing and redlining architectural and construction documents and specifications to ensure compliance with the design intent.
- Review and redline production shop drawings for furniture, millwork, and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook).
- Client facing experience and confidence.
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and a drive to excel.
- Strong work ethic with self-discipline to follow a proven sales process.
- Proven success in a performance-based culture.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment with flexibility to quickly adapt to change.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or call 847-288-0100 and ask for Michelle.